Friday 1 October 2010

Its October, the finishing post is in sight!

Well, hasn't the season flown my jolly little readers? Where has 5 months gone, its gone in a flash this season but i suppose when your that busy time flies.

So the cold nights are drawing in and its time for the Oceanic to get in to cosy comfy mode. Gone are the sofas from outside, gone is the prep area from inside and now inside i have the chill out lounge, outside the bar has been weather proofed so no matter what the weather gales, monsoon rain, tornados, plagues of locusts, meteor showers, the Oceanic bar will stay open till the end, well the 21st at least.


I had a card delivered about 2 weeks ago from Ireland from a lady called Christine who was on holiday with her husband in 2009 and she had a very bad toothache, so i sent her to my dentist in Zakynthos town where he sorted the complaint out and she was fine after. In that card was this green good luck stone which i thought was so nice of her to send to me a year after they had been here, well i'd really like to thank Christine as its working as the bar is still full up till today so lets see how October fairs.

Didn't do my TTT (Traditional Taverna Tuesday) this week as it was my birthday on Tuesday, if it wasn't for someone putting on Tripadvisor that it ws my birthday i would have forgot about it LOL. It was also a young mans birthday called Malk on the same day so it was a great night, with cake and a free buffet for all my lovely customers to enjoy. I'd like to thank the Kalamaki Bakery on the main strip for supplying the buffet, they all loved it and i lived on it for 2 days after mmmmmm. Also a big thank you to Lesley and Andrew for coming over from Kefalonia to visit me on my birthday, that was so kind.

Now in saying that i did go on a TTT the week before which was a bit of a strange one to be honest. I ate opposite the fish taverna that helen and myself went to the week before. So i sat there ordered Saganaki and out of the dishes they said were on the menu that day i had a grilled pork cutlet also i treated myself to some wine. From the kitchen out come my Saganaki (lovely) then they brought out my wine, now its the first time i had seen wine that had the colour of vinegar and vinegar that looked like red wine, very confusing. To make me even more confused as i looked up across the road i saw my waiter crossing the road from the fish taverna with my pork cutlet, whats that all about? haha

Which is the wine?

So just 3 weeks left open then 4 days after i leave for the UK, Got some building work to do on the bar before i leave ready for its refurb next season thats weather, timing and quotes permitting, need to get out next week to get a few builders to come and have a look at what i want doing then see what prices they come back with but will be doing a fair bit myself, don't worry its staying a chill out bar just making it even more relaxing for next year.

Just before i forget i'd like to thank all the holiday makers that have made trips over to Kalamaki from Alikanas/Alykes, Tsilivi, Argassi, Vasilikos and Aghios Sostis just to drink in my bar, i'm very thankful to you all for making the trip over.

Right then time to make bangers and mash, what a life a lead, doesn't get much better than this LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment