Friday 24 September 2010

I've found a hero in the bar!

How we all doing in Interwebland? yes a few days late i know but i've had the most amazing 3rd week of sept ever, even compared to when i was in Tropicana.

The bar has been packed to the rafters even on the nights its rained and had a good laugh with the customers in there, some repeat offenders others newbies but none the less they all socialized, got on and had a good time. It also made this my best september since i opened in 2007 and still got a week to go.

As the title of this post says i found a hero in my bar. Now everyone i have ever talked to about Pernod have said they have had a session on it that has made them sick as a pig but i found someone who has not had a bad reaction to it and his name is DEAN EATON, what a guy, i take my hat off to you, he surely is a god among humans LOL.

Anywhoooo, its been a funny old week weather wise, its been the hottest 3rd week in sept i've ever known but its also had cloud and rain and still warm at night. Thursday night it rained quite heavy so i went out and stood in it, my customers thought i was a bit of a loon but i haven't seen rain in 5 months and the rain was warm, shame i didn't have any WASH & GO with me but then again my hair seems to be washed and going anyway haha.

The resort is getting very quiet now, i run out of Smirnoff on wednesday night at midnight and had to go to my friends bar to borrow some as the supermarkets were closed as i drove down the road all the restaurants were empty, 2 or 3 bars were quite busy but the rest only had a couple in. I remember in 2006 when i just lived in Kalamaki that even at 2am the main strip was vibrant and buzzing, how things have changed and not for the better, lets hope the resort can get back to its glory days.

Well my bar is now all set up for the cold nights with inside ready to be set up as a chill out lounge, the weather tenting ready to be put up and the outdoor heaters set to go as it does get pretty chilly in Oct at night.

This season i have had many compliments and also many look-a-like comments some good, some bad, some a bit wierd. This season i've been told i look like like Graham Norton (many times), Alan Carr (how rude), Elton John (is there a theme with the first 3?) Colin Farrell (think they were blind or drunk), Jason Statham (I think they were after free drinks) and Ewan Mcgregor (I can handle this one). Out of all of them i think i'm proud of the Ewan Mcgregor one, anyone who compares me to Obi Wan is cool by me, not the Alec Guinness Obi Wan of course.

There's a new leader in the Oceanic Cocktail of the season, it was the Fry's Turkish Delight but now its my signature cocktail The Oceanic, with the Original recipe Mojito in second place, i made so many Mojitos on wednesday i had to go to garden centre to buy 3 more mint plants as my mint garden was bare, all that was left was the stems i even had to use the baby leaves by the end, aw poor little mint plants, there, there, there LOL.

Well not much more to write today, still going on my Tradtional Taverna Tuesdays and this week was the most bizzare, the white wine looked like vinegar and the vinegar looked like red wine, i ordered my food and the waiter brought my Saganaki from the kitchen then went across the road to the fish taverna i ate at last week to get my pork cutlet, whats all that about?

No comments:

Post a Comment