Monday 2 July 2018

Dear Diary.....29th June 2018

Dear Diary.....29th June 2018

Rise and shine at 6.45am after falling asleep at 4.30am, i must drink more Jack Daniels before bedtime.

Another capacity crowd at Stadio dei Oceanic for the football England V Belgium even though i wasn't showing it. People always say to me "You'll be quiet tonight with England playing" but this isn't the case. Not everyone is from England, not everyone likes football and not everyone wants to be sat in a bar with just football commentary on. With Oceanic being the only business in Kalamaki without a TV then those people have only one choice.

Felt very hungry when i got home this morning and really fancied beans on toast, Beans? Check! Bread? Check. Think i will add a little something just to give it some extra taste, Chopped tomatoes. That will do. No, its missing something, Meat. Sliced hot dog it is. Dish is looking a bit bland. Kidney beans, ah yes, they always look good in a dish. Still doesn't look right. Gigantes beans in tomato sauce, that's whats missing. Not sure but the dish is looking a bit flat. Meatballs, yes, that's the missing part of the dish, meatballs in tomato sauce. Now it tastes to tomatoeeee. Red hot chili flakes, Eureka! I've created a monster!

Monster on toast.


This pot of Ready, Steady Cook ingredients i think will last me a week, i hope i never see a bean ever again.

Remembered today what the bar in my dreams reminds me of, its the banqueting hall from the Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies. The filament hanging bulbs look like the floating candles and the dark wood are like the huge tables. So if you put cocktails and Hogwarts together you have the name of the bar "Cockwarts",  YAY!. Hmm...........oooooh, right..............did not think that through. Doesn't really need a name, its just a dream, scrap giving it a name.

Rain and storms seem to be easing up which is great news for the tourists. Every night I'm getting asked "whats the weather going to be like tomorrow?", I run a bar I'm not Michael Fish.

Biscuit has still not returned. Not seen my landlord for over month so haven't asked him. Have decided to put up missing Goat posters hoping it will jog someones memory. I have added myself to the poster so people will know who to contact.


I know i look allot fatter in my drawing and Biscuit looks like a reindeer but people will know who it is.

What will the bar bring tonight. Can't wait till tomorrow for my early close Saturday. Every Saturday last drinks are midnight, everyone out by 1am. Better to give myself a few hours after work to chill out in town than to close for a whole day off. Make mine a pint with a Jack Daniels honey chaser. Here's to Saturday nights. Bring it on!

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment