Wednesday 24 April 2013

YES,yes, its all true, I have been seen wearing a suit LOL

Well my fine blog followers a rumour has been spreading around the world wide web that I was seen out in public wearing a suit with Helen. I would like to say YES, its true, I did wear a suit. In saying that it was for a good reason, I got married to my lovely Helen. It was a lovely day and both sides of the family enjoyed the occasion. I would like to say a big big thank you to my mum and to Helen's dad. In fact a big thank you to all family members who attended and for our lovely gifts and cards.
Also someone had arranged for some world famous stars to attend or big day. George Michael, Theo Paphitis, Elena Paparizou, Sakis Rouvas, and Stavros Flatley . Due to contract regulations we were not allowed to have our picture taken with the first 4 in the list, so, Stavros Flatley obliged.


We haven't had the proper wedding pics back yet so here are just a couple that family have taken.

This my beautiful Helen before the wedding, she still had time to run at this point LOL


This is "The Family", when the family comes together, you know something's going down ha ha


Note: Leighton, this isn't the official picture, this is one taken by "The Family". Will send you the official one when I get it.

Now that was just a family only affair and dress rehearsal for the main event which is going to be on Zakynthos at Helen's favourite place. Invites are going out slowly via post and Helen's facebook. So that means I have to wear a suit, AGAIN! LOL

On Tuesday I went to Cardiff just to have a pint with the world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle, my other nephew Head of BUPA organisation skills Kyle Morgan and my brother in-law The welsh ambassador for teaching of rugby skills Colin Morgan. It was a fine evening out with a few pints and a free meal of Bangers & Mash, mmmmmmmmmmmm free meal, we also watched Barcelona get stuffed, OH DEAR! While we were out we came across a reward poster that was on a lamppost outside one of the pubs we visited and this is the poster:-


Now why would someone take a picture of their car key?
Was it a matter of "I better take a picture of my keys in case I lose them" or were they a fortune teller who could see in to the future and knew they were going to lose their keys so took a picture, BUT, If that was the case they would have known if they were going to be found or not.

On Wed morning after my night out I walked in to town for my journey home. I decided to take a walk past all the clubs I used to DJ at in Cardiff city centre. As Alan Partridge would say "Welcome to the places of my life"

First nightclub I ever DJ'd in was a club called "Neros", this was a pretty upmarket club that the well to do people would visit. While DJ'ing here I met the cyberpunk band Sigue Sigue Sputnik who we had booked to play. What a weird band but I loved their No.1 single "Love Missile F1-11".
Where Nero's used to be is now a club called "Glam".


The next club I was the resident DJ in was called "Jacksons" next to the old Cardiff Arms Park (now Millennium Stadium) This club was your run of the mill standard club that played music for every taste in sets of 15 mins, rock, pop, soul, oldies, party, you get the drift. Also while here we did many parties for the Welsh rugby players and I also DJ'd a party for Colin Jackson the World Record Hurdler.
Its now the Welsh Rugby Union Store.

Next on my list was a club that was called "Ritzy" then it was refurbished and opened as "Panama Joes". This was a huge club on 3 levels, entry level, balcony level and then dance floor level. This was more of a dance club. It was here that I met The Prodigy but it was on their promotion of "Charly" which was their first ever single, we thought it was rubbish but after that first song all the others were great. Also my mum in her early working days was a waitress here when it was called "The Top Rank", the club then used to be owned by the cinema company The Rank Organisation, they're the ones with the guy banging a gong.
Its now a Primark superstore.


There used to be a railway office building by Cardiff station that had been empty for years. This was converted in to bar and club called "The Great Western". I moved on to this club as it was the newest place in town and started there from the opening night. I used to do a general disco night on a Friday and Saturday and a Rock/Punk/Indie night on a Tuesday, can you guess which night I preferred.
All these years later its still open but only the bar section.


And here we have the last club I DJ'd at in Cardiff, it was called Coco Savanna's. This was the first super club in Cardiff, it was huge, 2 levels, the most modern lighting and sound system, high end seating and décor. was a lovely looking place. Here I met many famous music artists but the one I remember the most was Go West, they were promoting the song "King of wishful thinking" from Pretty Woman. I got slightly drunk and went to meet up with Go West for a drink. We sat down and chatted then I said "I love your new song from Pretty in Pink, its really great". At that point Peter Cox gets up and says "Its Pretty Woman" and storms off leaving me with Richard Drummie, we just sat there in silence looking at the table till Richard said "I better go". Fun times LOL.
Coco Savanna's is now called Icehouse part of Oceana complex.



It was great to look back at all the clubs I've played in but there is a sad side to Cardiff clubs, this picture is of the top end of St. Mary Street opposite the world famous Caroline Street or as its famously known "Chip Alley". Here were some of the busiest bars and clubs in the city centre, The Philharmonic, The Square and Life. Now all those clubs which you can see in this picture are closed, every building is empty. Such a shame and a waste.

 
After working at all those clubs in Cardiff I started on my DJ travels around Europe, Ibiza, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Corfu, Crete also did a little tour all over the place playing in clubs then retired from the DJ world at the ripe old age of 28 but came out of retirement to DJ on the Millennium New Year. I have DJ'd a few more times but in rock bars and rock clubs, no way I could DJ dance music now, its all crap LOL.

When I went to Swansea last Thursday I spotted a sign above a toilet that I've never seen before.
The sign shows that the facilities are for the disabled but it also seems they are for Magicians and people who have fallen through ceilings.


What's been in the news this week:-

Mo Farah is allowed to run the first 10,000 metres of the London Marathon for some training.
I applied to the London Marathon but they wouldn't allow me to run the last 20 metres to prepare for my supermarket dash, So unfair.

Olympics opening & closing ceremony have been nominated for a Bafta and there is an athletics event to celebrate the first anniversary of the Olympics.
How long can they keep dragging out this Olympics? I believe Seb Coe is posting daily on his twitter account how many sleeps since the Olympics.

England rugby teams summer test series has been confirmed against Argentina.
They're hoping that choosing an easier side will make them look better than they actually are.

The Welsh female cast members of MTV show "The Valleys" Apologies in advance to the people of Wales for their behaviour in the up and coming new series.
The 3 people who watch this crap have accepted their apology.

The Valleys female cast at Aintree for the Grand National, Aren't you glad your not Welsh LOL


It was said this week that 100,000 Romanian and Bulgarians could be heading to Britain this year.
One TV news report asked a Romanian woman why she wanted to come to Britain, her answer was "I love the UK after reading Harry Potter Books".
She's gonna be well gutted when she turns up and no one has a wand and she can't watch a quidditch match.

"Its video time with video kev, video kev, video kev, its video time with video kev so lets all take a look"

Well this weeks are pretty simple choices, just 2 music videos this week.

The first one is from the band that I met in Nero's. Sigue Sigue Sputnik. I thought I would post this video just in case you can't remember the band or the song, or maybe you wanted to forget them LOL. Here is "Love Missile F1-11".


My next choice is from the band I am going to see in Athens on May 10th, yes I'm actually having a night off during the season, but just the one. The band are Depeche Mode. I've waited years to see them, I had tickets for myself and Leighton to see them about 5-6 years ago in Manchester but we couldn't make the journey up there so I was gutted. But this winter I noticed they were touring again but it started in May but they were playing Athens so I bought my ticket and thought sod it, I may never get to see them ever if I don't go now. This track if it comes on my MP3 player makes my heart race faster and gives me a kick in my step as I'm walking. Can't wait to see them live and i'm in V.I.P. area, oh yeah baby!


Well you lovely lovely people, its time for this update to finish and for me to pack my laptop away to come with me to Zakynthos. I fly Friday and land on the rock 11.30am, start work at 12.30pm LOL. Well get my paperwork done first as soon as I land before they close for the weekend then get to work on our new home and then sort out the bar.
Next update will be from our beautiful island, Zakynthos.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All. Kevlar Out!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kev and Helen - you both look fabulous !!! Best wishes for another great season in Kalamaki - hopefully I'll get to visit again in august and try the new cocktails xxx

    ReplyDelete