Friday 5 April 2013

Hysteria! Calm down dear, I'm not closing LOL

OK,OK,OK, everybody just grab a piece of seat, sit down and calm down. I'll explain again.

Right then, so you've heard it from me and not rumour or speculation, here goes.

Oceanic is not closing. Oceanic is up for sale at end of season 2013. I will be staying with Oceanic until someone wants to take the business on. I have been looking at new premises all last season to move in to in Kalamaki so I can create a new bar. I need somewhere that is half the size again or at the most double the size. I can't make the bar I've got in mind in the size I've got at Oceanic. Also it has to be in the right location.
I'm trying to look to the future for myself and Helen and I know what the bar is going to be like and it will be big enough for both of us to work there as I can handle Oceanic by myself.
The sale of Oceanic will release the funds to set the bar up exactly how I want the lighting, décor and furniture.

Now then, is all that clear LOL.

This isn't a proper update its just to try to put my position more clear.

I've decided to add a few videos to bulk it out and for you to enjoy.

This video I found while getting new music for this season. It's horrendous . It's most probably the worst cover ever. Just look at the audience even they haven't got a clue, only 2 clapping at the front while he's singing. The singer is Paul Anka and its a murderous version of Nirvana's "Smells like teen spirit". Why is it that old crooners try to be hip by covering modern classics. 19 years ago today Kurt Cobain took his own life, if he had been alive today and watched this he would have blown his head off anyway, GOD HELP ME! LOL Switch off whenever you want, I'll understand LOL


I was thinking of British music, the Brit awards and how bad they've become, then I started to think of one year I remember the best female category had only one singer who had been in the charts that year and Kate Bush was nominated and she hadn't released a song for years. If this is the case why hasn't Siouxsie Sioux ever been nominated? She kicks ass compared to people like Duffy, Adele, Annie Lennox, Randy Crawford and Shola Ama (Who?) So lets bow down to the queen of British music, here's Siousxsie.


And to finish off with a blast from the past. In 1977 when I was 9 I had my ear pierced (ouch) and long straight blond hair that touched my shoulder. Punk came along and I decided to have my head shaved. Off I went to the barbers and off came the hair. The barber shaved half my head and walked away saying "There you go son, I'm not doing anymore" of course he was joking (GIT!) Go forward 4 years and Human League are in the charts with "Sound of the Crowd" Looking at this video do you think Phil Oakey was in my barbers at the time and copied me when he became famous? This song brings back memories of the Community Centre Disco on a Friday night and of the hairstyle I created years ahead of its time ha ha.


So I hope we're all clear on everything and now we can all go back to our normal lives.

Roll on 25th April when we hit the island. I need some warmth in the sun, yeeeehaaaa!

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment