Wednesday 17 April 2013

9 days and counting, now its getting exciting!

Is it really only 9 days till we're back on Zakynthos, wow! The winter has dragged and that's with working two jobs. Seems like ages ago since I was in the warmth of the Zakynthian sun enjoying time with friends and customers. Well its not long now. Got a night at Gatwick next Thursday then an early morning flight on the Friday. Wonder what changes I'll meet once on the island.

Not really done much this week as the weather has been shock awful here and been waiting in on deliveries for stuff for bar so I've been extremely bored but one good thing to come out of it was I changed my TV lead from my Xbox to a HDMI lead, oh my god, what a difference. The picture now is so clear, now I can't stop playing Rugby World Cup 2011, of course in this tournament Wales have won the world cup, maybe I should be their coach LOL.

Really looking forward to seeing all my lovely repeat offenders, I mean customers and friends this season. Along with the usual suspects there are quite a few returning that haven't been for a few years so will be nice to see them again.
Don't forget this season the all new unique cocktails Black Jack, Palma Violet, Sour Apple, Cola Kubes, Strawberry Shortcake and Rhubarb and Custard. I hope they hit the mark, fingers crossed.

So what's been happening this week:-

Cardiff City are now promoted to the premiership.
Come on you reds! There are only 6 welsh teams in the whole of the English league (Not including the welsh league) and for 2 of those 6 to be in the premiership is an amazing achievement. Ok the players aren't Welsh but then again most of the English teams aren't English.

Margaret Thatcher's funeral is on TV.
Bet the Jeremy Kyle viewers are torn between what to watch. Do they watch horrible people being buried under their own lies or just a horrible person being buried LOL.
What a waste of money. I'm watching it in the same way I watch formula 1, I watch that just to see the crashes. In this case I'm just watching it for the riots, come you rioters. One thing I did notice, Carol Thatcher was having a good old laugh before the coffin arrived. When's the will being read?

Justin Bieber signed the guestbook at the Ann Frank Museum saying "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."
So a young girl who kept a diary while in hiding for 2 years during the war,  avoided the gas chamber only to die of shock from a fall after contracting a virus from the typhus epidemic would follow a egotistical, uneducated, talentless idiot like Bieber? Give me a break and to say "Anne was a great girl" as though he's met her, CRAZY FOOL! STAY IN YANK LAND AND DON'T BOTHER ANYONE ELSE!

Britain's Got Talent is back.
Here's the annual event for all the "looney on the bus" to be humiliated on a large stage by judges who are talentless themselves.

North Korea have not launched any missiles yet but South Korea are still on alert.
Mr. Kim Jong-un must have read my blog, thank you ha ha

"Its video time with video Kev, video Kev, video Kev, its video time with video Kev so lets all take a look"

It is amazing how much good this section is doing for my memory. As I've said before I'm forgetting lately the easiest thing to remember so In doing these blasts from the past it is helping, slightly.

On to my first video of this update. I remember this children's programme from my summer holidays, they used to show it early in the morning about 9am which was usually the start of the kids programmes in the summer. I think the same person who animated this went on to produce that classic welsh culture programme "Ivor the Engine" LOL. Its Noggin the Nog, Noggin was a Viking king who had many adventures while he was trying to find a queen to help him rule his kingdom. Used to always watch this while eating freshly baked ring doughnuts and milk that my father would bring home with him after his early morning shift.


For this weeks music videos I've gone for songs from some of my favourite films. The first song from a film is a film I remember going to see in The Globe Cinema in Cardiff or as it was lovingly known "The Flea Pit". It was the only cinema that would allow any age in for any film. It used to be ratings of:- U=Suitable for children, A=5 and over but not suitable for under 14, AA=Suitable for 14 and over, and X=18 and over. The film was X Rated from 1979 so I was 11 when I saw it, it was called "The Warriors" about street gangs. It was awesome. It was ultra cool violence with a great soundtrack, acting may have been a bit cheesy from the Warrior members Swan and Ajax but it didn't matter. Baseball Furies are the best and coolest gang without a doubt. The song from the film was originally recorded by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas but the film version is by Arnold Mcculler.


Next song up is a real big slice of cheese but the film is now a cult classic like The Warriors. The Lost Boys, one of my all time favourite lines is in this film From Sam to Michael "My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!", brilliant! Now I was going to show you "Cry little sister" by Gerrard McCann from this movie but there is no video for that song, so that is the song of the week on my website. This song is when all the Lost Boys are at the fun fair and there is a guy live on stage. That guy is in fact Tina Turners saxophone player with her band and his name is Tim Capello. Many a night out with my world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle have we laughed at the way this guy dances in the video. So cheese-tastic.


Well I know this update was short but at least I do update it on a regular basis and try to keep it funny as life can be to serious and there is no need for it to be. "Laugh for today as tomorrow we may die". I'm not saying we are going to die but you never know when an albatross may be carrying a grizzly bear and lose its grip and that grizzly bear falls on you. Anything can happen LOL

So until my last update from the UK next week I shall bid you farewell.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment