Monday 13 June 2011

R.I.P. Les the Legend

This is just a short update. Yesterday i had the sad news from a regular customer of mine that my oldest customer Les the Legend had passed away in March. This was very upsetting to hear as he was only 95 years young and was one hell of a character. Les was a navigator during the war on the B-52 bombers and drank in my bar every night before his meal and then after his meal even though he wasn't supposed to drink at all. Every season he used to fly from New Zealand to the UK where he would meet his good friend Joe and they would both fly to Zakynthos where they would then meet up with another friend Colin, a Jolly Boys Holiday. I always tell my customers stories of Les while he was here and how funny he was and of his love for Matt Monroe. The one story i tell the most is when he was sat in the bar and said to me "Kevin, whats this horrible noise your playing" meaning the music, To which i replied "Why Les, don't you like it?", "Kevin, its awful, its just thud, thud, thud" to which i then say to him "Turn your hearing aids on" as he does so it then becomes clear that the song he was complaining about was in fact Matt Monroe but he forgot to turn his hearing aids on, made me laugh so hard when he replied "ahh, much better". He shall be missed by his family, me and all who knew him and met him in Oceanic. I'll have a glass of rose wine in your honour sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment