Thursday 17 October 2019

Day 167...Is there anybody out there?

Ahoy me hearty's....I be back I be. Landed back 10.50am yesterday (17/10/19)

Bloody hell, where is everybody. The resort is almost completely closed up, I'd say about 1/5 left open many businesses and hotels now all closed up for winter. You know it's bad when your good friend Tassos has closed his bar on the 16th October when he is always the last bar open every season.
Only 6 restaurants and 6 bars open in the whole of the resort.
Usually at this time of season half is still open.

When i left on the 12th Oct over half the resort was open.

So as i stated it was a quick trip home with a beautiful sunset behind my plane to see me off.


As i sat waiting to take of the little circle in middle of the pic is the moon rising above Skopos.


As i was flying home to the left of the plane we could see the silhouette of Mount Etna erupting which was quite a sight but my phone was in my pocket at that point so no picture.

Landed back in UK Sunday then onward to Cardiff where i was greeted by a very excited Sian which was so good to see as i was exhausted.
Monday popped over to Swansea to surprise my mum and she seemed to think i was going to turn up as i didn't call her Sunday as i always do every Sunday but she was still surprised. Had a nice natter and cup of tea before heading back to Cardiff to catch up on my sleep and chill out.

Tuesday off i go for my medical to good old medical centre (My third home).
Nice and early out 6am to be at the medical centre for 8am.
I now hold the record for the furthest travel just for a pre-screen.
This study is a goody and the gain from the study out weighs the cost of my travel and bar closed for 4 nights so much and i get to see Sian, my mum and a Cardiff Devils game, no brainer really.
This study is for a drug that is already on the market for schizophrenia but they are testing it to see if it will help with MS, Addisons disease and Diabetes type 1 to decrease the autoimmune system that creates these illnesses.

We agreed it would be good for us to do it, I'm happy to take the risk but he's not.
So I'm going ahead with the study, it's OK, he will never find out.
You may have to think about the last bit............has the penny dropped..........Ah, now you got it.

Had my full medical, blood pressure 107 over 68. resting heart rate was 57 BPM, BUGGER! I'm one heart beat over that of a athlete for my age.
Now we sit and wait on my blood and urine samples to come back which are usually fine as not a drinker or smoker and don't eat unhealthy.
Tuesday night is ice hockey night, oh poop, we lost 9-2 but in our defence we were playing the number one team in Europe so it was like Cardiff City against Liverpool.
All washed down with a Chinese and a cuppa.

Wednesday back i go to the rock after a day out in the sun, yes sun in Cardiff, i know crazy isn't it and trip to Costas Coffee with Sian and Faggots and peas for tea made with fresh farm shop Faggots.
Soooooooooo good.

Cardiff to Gatwick, Gatwick to Zakynthos, Airport to House, House to Bar and now open again

Was sat next to 2 middle aged ladies on way back and 5 Min's before landing both turned on phones and were trying to call people, they couldn't wait 5 Min's, we were still in the air, utter stupid silly people. Wanted to grab phones and chuck them out the window but then remembered windows don't open.

So I'm now open and in fact busier tonight then when i left so here's to a good last few nights as very little places open for people to visit.

Until my last blog from the island with Sians arrival in 5 days........

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out.









No comments:

Post a Comment