Sunday 8 February 2015

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY, it might help.

Ok, I'm sorry if my previous update was a bit confusing to the odd person about the charity trek, I apologies so I shall make it more simple and clearer for blog readers to understand.

I have been receiving anonymous messages saying "Why should people pay for your expenses to go to Peru?", "Why don't I do something in Wales?", "Why aren't I donating?" etc, etc.

Here it is all cleared up I hope, READ CAREFULLY LOL

It goes without saying that i will be paying my own travel expenses, thought that would just be obvious. I will be donating the initial minimum sponsorship entry fee, again I thought that would just be obvious that I'm also making a donation. They won't let people join the Trek just for £100 of sponsorship cause so many people want to do it and there are limited places, this is why there is a minimum sponsorship entry limit of a few thousand. Any charity event whether it be sitting in a bath of beans for comic relief or wearing a pair of fake teeth all day for children in need the people doing the task will always be raising sponsorship. You do an event to capture the publics imagination for them to sponsor you which are donations otherwise known as sponsorships. Sponsored fun run, sponsored silence, sponsored dance-a-thon. Everything needs sponsorship for any charity event.
I chose the Machu Picchu Trek after seeing an advert in the Daily Mail for people needed for a charity hike and its stuck in my head for the past 3 years, so this is why I've chose it instead of Wales, it captured my imagination. Not much of a challenge if I was going to do a sponsored sheep sheering day in Rhyl is it LOL.

All Sponsorships whether it be £5 to however much will be asked for in a personal or bank cheque direct to the charity so nothing will be in my name at all and no cash will be taken either. Also the cheques will not be asked for until after the event is completed.

I hope this clears up everything.

Here is one of the organisation that do the charity Trek, not decided which organisation i'm using yet. It will all depend on start date of April Treks with each of them. I need to find which one starts more towards the beginning of April.

http://www.discoveradventure.com/challenges/inca-trail-to-machu-picchu




No comments:

Post a Comment