Saturday 4 January 2014

And so Season 2014 begins, well the planning does.

Well that's the thrill and excitement of Christmas over with for another year. And what did Santa bring you? Well I got a Satsuma, some chestnuts, a piece of coal and a ball of string, all useful I think you'll agree.
How?
Well the Satsuma would come in handy for when i'm being chased by mafia and there is a Satsuma tree nearby, I could climb up it and pretend I was a branch with a Satsuma hanging from it.
The chestnuts would be very useful if I was kidnapped and tied up with rope by terrorist for torture to try to get top secret information from me, I could hold the chestnuts in my hand behind my back and coax a friendly squirrel to nibble through the rope as I slowly fed him the chestnuts.
A piece of Coal is essential for when you accidentally fall in to a Panda cage, before they could roar over a rip you to shreds you could black up your eyes and blend in with the crowd.
And lastly the ball of string is a life saver in Africa. Your on safari and fall out of the back of the jeep and no one notices you've disappeared, your laid flat out on your back and lions start to slowly creep towards you, you see them out the corner of your eye so you toss the ball of string up in the air and start flicking it about with your hands and feet. The lions see this and turn away thinking that you are a kitten in a playful mood and not worth the effort chasing.
See, everything you get for Christmas is useful LOL.

Well It was touch and go whether I was going to get out of Simbec medical centre. When I entered Simbec my immune system was at 1.4 which is very good, with this drug it had dropped down to 0.8 throughout the study which was high enough to leave the centre but on the last but one day it had dropped to 0.5. then on the Sunday had gone up to 0.6 so on the Monday my day of leaving I had to be 50% of my original immune system so that would be 0.7. I had my blood taken at 9am on Monday, and waited, and waited and waited for my results to come back. At midday I decided to discharge myself by signing myself out against medical advice, after signing it I gave it another 30 Min's. Then my results came back, I had just hit 0.7 so I could leave without using the discharge form, woohoo!


It had been 6 weeks on the study which wasn't a problem but when you know a date your meant to be getting out you just want to go then no matter what and 6 weeks stuck in a medical centre without seeing my beautiful girl seemed like a lifetime so nothing would stop me from getting out and seeing her, so the form was signed.
The first breath of fresh air was so good. Remember I hadn't had any fresh air for 6 weeks just the air conditioning, to be able to walk for a distance instead of staying in a bed all day and on top of all that it felt wonderful to have a great big hug from the one you love and to feel them close to you, felt like all my birthdays had come at once. I can't imagine how much more better it must feel for our brave soldiers out on duty when they come home, I was just laid up in bed for 6 weeks having tests done on me.
For a week after coming out I couldn't leave the house due to low immune system so even then it was a nightmare being stuck in all day and night but now its all good and got to go back to Simbec every Monday till the 17th Feb for on-going check ups on my immune system.

At this point I have to say a big big thank you to everyone at Simbec, I would like to mention them all personally but there are so many it would take forever. First of all to all the nurses who put up with the manly smell everyday as they entered our ward and for being so nice to us, next to all canteen staff who were so helpful with trying to keep our weekly menu interesting as we were in there for 6 weeks and finally to the morning cleaning staff who were so nice a chatty first thing in the morning it helped to start our day, To all of you I can't thank you enough.

So now I'm home with Helen and its been a crappy weather home coming. Rain, Rain, Storms, Rain and rubbish TV.

I've watched just one thing on TV, Sherlock. Now that's good TV. The first opening scene of the new series where Lestrade was at a coffee kiosk was filmed outside Cardiff Crown Court, and I was there as they filmed it. We had just arrived in Cardiff to meet our friends Jan & Phil and parked next to their actors trailer. Helen was inquisitive as to what was being filmed or as us men would say "nosey", so she went over and asked and was told its filming for Sherlock. So we already knew there was a third series before the second had finished.
TV all over Christmas has been repeat after repeat. I remember not to many years ago I would get the TV guide  circle all the programmes I wanted to watch so I wouldn't forget, this Christmas the TV guide wasn't even worth wiping your bottom with, I was expecting the Olympics to be shown again as they try to keep bringing it back up at every opportunity. If anyone says Christmas TV this year was good you need to get out more LOL.

On New Years Eve we decided to go away, where shall we go, France, Rome, Barcelona, nope Dudley near Birmingham to pick up a car for Helen. Now I'm not a car man, can't drive a car and always had bikes but I'm sure when someone is selling a car in a car showroom its meant to be in working order. We went all the way up there from south west wales, 3 hrs drive, found the car showroom easily without getting lost so all was going well. That is until Helen wanted a test drive, the car wouldn't start. We waited 30 Min's as they connected and disconnected things, still nothing. So they called out a mechanic and told us to go off for a coffee, which we did. We eventually found a café. Very, nice and clean, pleasant staff but there was a few odd things with the café. Firstly, next to the counter was a shelf display, not of cakes and biscuits as you thought you may find in a café but 5 shelves of protein and muscle building products that you would see in a gym. Next were the toilets, you had to be buzzed in to them via an intercom. You buzz the intercom, you say "hello I want a pee" they then buzz you in, but on this occasion I tried to get in to it 5 times without any joy so they told me to come back to the counter to get the key. Why didn't they just give out the key in the first place? Its a good job I wasn't desperate with an upset stomach.
After a cup of coffee and piece of toast we headed back to the car showroom and the car still wasn't firing. Time was getting on so we headed back home leaving a deposit and agreed when they got the car working we would meet half way at the Severn Bridge and exchange cars with cash. We'll have the last laugh though, we arranged the meeting Wales side of the bridge so they have to pay for the privilege of coming in to wales, BACK OF THE NET! (Don't you just love Alan Partridge).

The plans for the bar are in motion. Now its just a matter of what plans I'm going to use as I have so many going around in my head. I do have to say once again, THE BARS CONCEPT WILL STAY THE SAME, THE COLOUR SCHEME IS STAYING THE SAME. Its just the whole décor that's changing. So its the same bar with same music but its all being upgraded to try to make it more comfortable for you my fine friends and customers.

This update is very short I know but been stuck in the house for a week after leaving Simbec due to immune system and then stuck in for another week due to the stupid storms so really not much to share with you.

I hope 2014 is a great year for all of you and hope many are getting back to Zakynthos in the season.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment