Saturday 8 June 2013

Get ready, bigger, better, tastier, BISCUIT CLUB 2!

Well my lovely, wonderful blog followers its update time.
 
May has come and gone in a flash, it has gone by so quickly but it does help that i'm busy so time flies. Its been a great fantastic May and I've been getting out quite early which is even better. The main customer base seems to be in between 9.30 and 11.30pm, 2 hours of  running around like a mad man then closed by 1.30 -2.30am, if this could continue all the season I would be a very happy man but i know come July the nights will get later as customers can stay at the pool and beach later also people eat later but its good at the moment as i'm getting some quality rest time after a manic busy night.
 
Talking of quality rest time, I've found that during the days i'm highly enjoying my tea and biscuit afternoons on my patio just kicking back looking out at my view of the island. On the subject of biscuits, Biscuit Club is due to re-open again. For those of you that don't know about Biscuit Club here are the rules:-
 
Rules of Biscuit Club

1st RULE: You do not talk about BISCUIT CLUB
.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about BISCUIT CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop dunking" or the biscuit goes limp, biscuit drops off, biscuits over.
4th RULE: Only 7 people dunk and discuss.
5th RULE: One biscuit at a time.
6th RULE: No Orios, no cakes.
7th RULE: Dunking will go on as long as it has to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at BISCUIT CLUB, you HAVE to dunk.
 
Are those rules clear?
 
Me during my tea and biscuit afternoon. Someone once said I have feet like a Hobbit.
Come to think of it my good friend Tasos said my home is for a Hobbit
Just call me "Bilbo Kevlar" LOL
 

Just 2 doors away from Oceanic there is a lady who has 4 dogs and about 10 cats. I'm not a cat person myself and some times when I get annoyed in work I wish I owned a cat just to kick it but she has a new little dog who is such a cutey. She comes in every night a few times a night and I give her a dog chew. We've become a bit of double act, she comes in, I walk to her, I hold up my hands palms facing up and say "What do you want?", she roles over to show her belly then I give her a chew.
So I am now a foster parent to her, I have called her "Dog" after my hero Columbo's dog, his dog never had a name he just called it "Dog".

Here she is during our double act.


Here she is with her chew.


I was amazed the last Wednesday morning when I went in to town to collect some t-shirts at 10am and this was the sight that greeted me on Alexander Roma, NO ONE! I have never seen it this quiet, no bikes, no cars, no tourists. If only it could stay pedestrianized for all the day but even when they put barriers out and red and white tape to stop cars and bikes they still take no notice and use the street to pass through.


Last week I was sat at Lobby café bar just relaxing drinking my latte when I looked across the road and saw an awful mess of a boat. All along the port were beautiful yachts and motor boats then right at the end was this horrible looking booze cruise boat, Wet & Wild. The sight of the boat itself made me feel a bit sick that's without booze and motion of the sea.

One use for free sample pots of paint.


T-shirt sales are still going very well and have added an new artist to the rock legend original collection. The first night I wore this design I was asked by 3 people for the same t-shirt.


Now then, I am going to make a public apology to a Hen Night that turned up 2 nights ago. It was about 11pm, the bar was packed, I had 2 extra tables out and 10 extra chairs of which only 2 were left empty. All 14 of the Hen Night walked in and started to use the toilets. I had 3 orders on waiting to be made and I was very abrupt and said "Sorry ladies I can't fit you in", they replied "We'll stand" I repeated "Sorry ladies I can't fit you in" then they continued to use my toilet facilities and left. There was now way I could have fitted them in without disrupting the bar and how efficiently I could serve the customers who had all been there for at least 90 mins by that time, also it would have been difficult for my customers to get to the toilets. But in saying all that you would have thought that on seeing that the bar was packed out that they would have just moved on. So once again ladies if you read this I am very sorry for my abrupt response as I was a bit stressed by seeing you all walk in when I was already full but I won't apologies for being full.

Well my kettles boiled so I guess you know what time it is "Its tea and biscuit time"

So until next week you lovely, lovely people,

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

2 comments:

  1. Lovin DOG!! --- but I dont want to adopt Kevlar... BTW, think u shud change ur name to DUNKAN! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog kev, love the dog, reminds me of our jacko. see you soon mate, keep up the good work. paul m and dawn

    ReplyDelete