Thursday 27 September 2012

Earth to Kalamaki, come in Kalamaki, is there anybody there?

 
Lets start with a quiz my faithful blog readers.
 
The picture below shows 3 young gents, are they:-
 
1/ Party, binge drinking, girl grabbing, foul mouthed students going to Laganas?
 
2/ Fans of the punk band "Snot flinging fart bag and the gurgling turd quartet"?
 
3/ Geeky idiots who slept outside a shop for 7 days to be the first to get the iphone 5?
 
Difficult one i know, i think the Batman costume may give it away LOL
 
Just a little information for those of you in geek world, iphone 6 and 7 are ready to go in to production once sales of iphone 5 drop off the scale. 
 

So its almost the end of the season and hasn't it dropped off quickly. The resort is pretty much quiet all over. Not many on the old road at all if anyone after 10pm. The picture below was taken at 7.45pm last night (wed 26/9) and as you can see its deserted. In saying that the bar is still very busy, last night was full to capacity with all emergency chairs being used. This season now i have only had 12 nights all season where the bar hasn't been full to capacity at some point during the evening which i am amazed at. On Monday i had hit last years whole seasons takings and i still have 25 days to go. To all my wonderful customers you've been amazing this season so a huge, massive, big big big hug and thank you.

7.45pm on the old road, more dogs than tourists lol.


Been getting on a health kick now ready to go back to the UK and a visit to my 4th home Simbec Medical Research Centre. I was pleasantly surprised to see Debs my nurse from Simbec appear in  my bar. Debs and her husband Mark had decided to come to Kalamaki for a 2 week holiday. It was lovely to talk to her without her wiring me up to a machine that goes beep, shoving a thermometer in my gob (thank god its not an anal one) or her jabbing me with a needle then asking "do you want tape for your cotton ball?" A big HELLO to all the other staff at Simbec will see you soon and will tell you all the juicy gossip about Debs drunken nights LOL.
So back on to the health kick, lots of All Bran, Fresh fish and fruit. I go to the fish mongers in town for my fish but cant do full fish so i go for the steaks as i can find the bones easily, Not sure what fish I've been eating as cant be bothered to ask, i just point, show 2 fingers ( as in amount not the swear sign) pay and leave. Tastes lovely mmmmmmmmm.

The unknown fish I've been eating. Answers on a postcard please.


While in town i noticed a British family walking along the port road being very loud, then i saw the mother of the group take a picture of this-


Then she went on to take a picture of this-


I decided to follow them (not like a crazy stalker) as i was amused at the pics they were taking and wanted to see what else they would take a picture of. Then this made me laugh proper -


I don't think they have been abroad before, come to think of it with pics like that i would say they've never left their street LOL. Their friends must dread looking through the holiday snaps.

Decided to scale Mount Skopos again this week, on my motorbike, Virago. No I'm not cheating, I've walked up and run up it so it was time to take the easy option.....or so i thought. Bloody hell, talk about wrong bike for the job. Quad easy, 4x4 definitely, but a cruiser motorbike, bad idea. The road was a nightmare, only the first 100 meters was tarmac then from the base of Skopos to the top was all rocks, gravel, trenches and pot holes. Never been on such a bad road in all my life and it was steep. I fought with the bike all the way up but made it. About 500 meters from the summit a large digger with caterpillar tracks had broke down on the road with a guy trying to fix it and there was a space just big enough for maybe a Fiat Panda to pass it. The bike got passed easy and a small car passed me near the top making its way back down. Even with all the struggling with the bike it was all worth it. The views are stunning and i found a church i had never visited before when up there, Church Panagia Skopiotissa. Its so well restored and so peaceful. Just me and a tomb LOL. My mind did start to play tricks on me as i have watched to many horror films in the past. Wheres Helen when i needed her. Had nothing to throw to the Zombies LOL.

Here's a few pics to look over.
 





I was just waiting for the tomb to burst open while taking this pic.


And to prove i made it up here's a pic of me, had to run like mad to get in position before timer went off, took 5 attempts, was knackered by the 5th one LOL.


Time to head back down after 30 Min's on the top of the mountain avoiding zombies. As i approached the broke down digger the car that passed me on my way up was still waiting behind it as it couldn't get passed, poor buggers they may still be up there now ha ha. So i go past them and it was the most frightening ride i have ever done, couldn't use brakes or clutch, all first gear and bike sliding all over place because of the lose road surface. Front end would go, then i would straighten it, back end would go, I'd correct it. I had to do that all the way down with shear drops over the edge at some points. By the time i had made it to the bottom i had to stop to give my arms a rest. Never again will i go up by bike but i am glad i did it the once.

The Oceanic Rock Legend Collection t-shirts have sold so well, sold up to today 224. I can't believe that such a small bar has sold so many. Decided on a new design for next season as myself and Spiro who prints my t-shirts are going to sell them through an Oceanic on line shop. The reason for this is so many people have asked about them when they have seen people wearing them in the UK and some people have asked for them to be sent to UK. This winter i will be designing an on line shop and all contacts will go straight to Spiro where he will receive the orders and print and send them. So watch this space.

I don't watch hardly any TV as i watch programmes off the net, documentaries, factual and rock profile programmes. I came across this on you tube about the lead singer of Sweet - Brian Connolly who i think you'll agree was a beautiful looking guy in his day but look at what fame can do to people, very sad to watch but a great documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-HTvFZLS88

Right then folks that's it for this week as i need to go and soak in the tub, pulled a muscle in my back turning to quickly as i heard a 1 cent coin drop LOL

Till next week folks, its praise the lord and hallelujah, lets get funky in sandals and socks lol