Sunday 10 July 2011

Its getting crazy here!

Well after Helens 2 weeks i was then visited by the now world famous actor Leighton Kyle or to the people that know him, my nephew. He flew in on the flight Helen went home on. It was nice to see him as he's my drinking buddy when back in UK also he came bearing gifts of gold, frankincense and rock t-shirts. Ok i lied about the first 2. The week was good, although John didnt get to join us which is a shame as he hasnt left my bar in 5 years and needed to top up his tan, he just sits on my shelf but he seems happy enough. To be honest between me having to do things for bar and Leighton doing an impression of a quilt we didnt see a great deal of each other but its always good to see him, thats when he's not asleep or out on the pop LOL. We did go to Plubis pool a few times, had afternoon coffees and took him for the best ice cream ever at Redskins in old Alykanas. But we did have the greatest feast a man could ever have while he was here "A Big Boys take away", for those of you who don't know Big Boys is a fast food business on Zakynthos and you can only find it in Zakynthos Town and in Laganas. Shame about the name though sounds awful when you say "I'm nipping out for a Big Boys". My feast as usual was a Big Boys Special burger, Gyros Pita, Garlic fries, Cheesey Fries and a Chef Salad just to make me feel good and all that was just for me. I think inside this skinny frame of mine there is a fat person waiting to break out LOL.

Its been an eventful week what with my nephew being here and Thursday having a few words with a certain business only to be told that on Friday the big boss wanted words with me. So as i always do when i have a problem with someone i went to see them and was basically shouted at for 10 mins while i stayed calm. Now if someone doesn't want to listen then i won't waste my time talking as its not worth it, so i just walked out.

Its also been brought to my attention that a boy is being brave enough to sit behind his keyboard having a dig at me and make themselves out to be some sort of peoples hero with childish words on facebook (you never know who may be in your friends list, can you trust them? haha) Grow up, grow a pair and get from behind your laptop. The funniest part is he doesn't even own a business or work on the island, has never visited Oceanic and has been fixated with my bar for 5 years now, now that is creepy. As the song goes "People are strange" LOL.

Now what else has been going on LOL to be honest not a great deal out here but i am very disappointed in Lee of the huge black pudding fame, Lee i read your review but you failed to mention about the "Name that tune" early morning we had in Oceanic, tut tut young man haha.

Had my new air brushed parts for my motorbike sent over from UK and bike is looking good but it needs a few adjustments but nothing major and seat is in being re-covered so hopefully by weekend it will be on the road and cruising.

The bar is still going really well, had a slight blip when it went really quiet for a few days but now we have the 18-30's in Kalamaki for their usual 3 week period after 6th form finishes which doesn't help restaurants or a few of the more laid back bars as all they do is drink in apt then taxi to Laganas but they will filter out soon, its the same every season so i'm used to it. By the way they don't step near my bar thank god. My landlord of my apt owns a Jewelry shop in Laganas and the 18-30's go in to him with pennies and pound coins trying to exchange them to euro as they have that little money, of course his answer is a polite no LOL.

So thats the update for this week, short i know but its an update none the less. Time to get from behind this keyboard, i do have a life you know haha.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment