Sunday 15 February 2009

Can you tell i'm bored today!

Well what can i say apart from WALES! WALES! WALES! poor old England but they did play well, apart from crap discipline.


So what have i been up to since the last time i updated my blog, BUGGER ALL! comes the reply, sorry i forgot i've got my UK bar licence, my empire will expand and there shall be an Oceanic next to every Starbucks as i'm rubbish at making coffee but i make a mean hot Choco-Baileys, yes folks you read right and i was the first bar to sell it, so if you fancy a night cap thats the one you want. Well if you like Baileys and hot chocolate it is if you don't well umm, erm, you can have a coffee liquore which Starbucks don't sell so i'm still one up on them.


Today is Sunday and as my readers know i've been brushing up on my cooking skills as Gordon Ramsay called me for some tips as his restaurants are slowly going down the pan "Kevlars kitchen Nightmares".

Kevlar visits Gordon to see where he's going wrong.

Me -"Hi Gordon i'm Kevin right lets look at the menu"

Gordon-"Hi Chef Pinnell glad you could come, i'm desperate please help. What you think?"

Me-"Jesus Gordon, what the f***'s that, grey squirrel with sweet potatoe and ice cream, thats b*****k's, and this for a dessert Cradbury's Cream egg in a egg cup with chocolate button hat, your taking the P**s, what happend to the fresh f***ing, B***dy produce grown and bred by the b****rd local farmers, you stupid a**hole"

Me- "Get out of that f***ing kitchen Gordon let me show you"

OK we're gonna start with a greek dish made with local welsh lamb, I can't use local Greek lamb as Greece 1500 miles away at the moment which isn't really local, Lamb Kleftiko cooked the traditional way with lamb, potaotes, olive oil and oregano wrapped up in grease proof paper to cook in its own juices for 4 hours, better result low heat 24 hours but this is for me cause i'm a greedy pig and want it now.



And here it is before i shovel it down my neck.








For a dessert i couldn't quite decide what to do so i made 2 cakes. First a boiled sultana and cherry cake.




Then a banana victoria sponge cake with a custard and fresh banana filling.






"now grow some balls Gordon and get in that kitchen a cook ya big wuss!"

I'm starting to get my act together with planning my attack on season 2009, the cocktail menu will still have the best sellers but the other cocktails will be unique cocktails to Oceanic Bar only, i have been working on them through the winter and my liver is now due a transplant but i'm sure when you taste them they are well worth my sacrifice, HIC!

All the homemade cakes and pies which i have displayed for you on my blog like a Greggs shop window will also be available in the bar for late night snacks to save you having to ever go back to your hotel. Well i am now stuffed and relaxed after having to try all that food, good job i've lost 7lb in weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment