Friday 6 September 2019

Day 123 - Forgot my password, bugger, but i'm back

So as you can see on day 99 i did start a blog update but logged out and then forgot my password hence just the little starter paragraph.

IT'S SEPTEMBER, YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA! HOW YOU ALL DOING OUT THERE?

Even though i hate July and August apart from about 12 days throughout both those months it was a stormer of a period and 2019 season is now already my best season ever and still 7 weeks to go but it comes at a cost........I'm broken. I would be quite happy for the season to finish now as i explained to Sian and for the millennial's reading this "If i was a mobile phone I'd be on my final bar of power".

Had some strange nights in July and August as if it was Oct with old road being dead all night.

8.30 when people are usually off to the restaurants


10.30 when people are usually leaving the restaurants, even the shop closed early that night it was so dead.


IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? HELLLLOOOO?

Sian has just gone back yesterday after a 3 week stay which was so good, i needed her here so i would get a holiday. We had many date nights after i closed bar in Zakynthos Town, snorkeling, dined out allot, went out on adventures, had a movie day, had a few lazy days, lots of pool days, the odd beach day (yukky sand) but most of all just allot of quality time together and she's back very soon this month with maybe a trip to Athens for my birthday then back again in October to fly home together.

On one of our beach days Sian found a tiny crab walking along the sea edge, how she spotted it i don't know.


Not really done much apart from all the things with Sian as the bar has been manic, manic , manic and continues like it even up until last night, good job i have my emergency chairs.
Its also been a season of a few regular customers returning after a 4 year absence since 2015, the reasons i don't need to know and didn't ask but it was nice to see them back in again having drinks and laughs like old times, i don't have a problem with why they stayed away but so nice to see them all again over the past 4 months.

One day as i was riding through Zakynthos town on the port road and i had to do a double take. There was a boat moored up and on the top deck it had a helicopter, the boat is called "Cloudbreak". It cost £750,000 a week to rent. Just give me a call and i will tell you when its vacant lol.

I told the captain not to pick me up until October.


Now then, not much bugs me, I'm a pretty laid back guy BUT the locals and their parking grinds my gears. They park not in a parking space only 5 feet away from the door, OH NO, they have to park almost right at the door and here is 2 examples within a week.

At Lidl and 2 cars parked over bike park on the right of picture at front of store with 2 empty spaces only 5 feet away


And here is a car with a whole empty car park to choose from at 7am and you can see again how close the spaces are but that's to difficult so I'll just park right in front of the door.


I like to take a few pictures so thought I'd take a few early morning shots from the house.

The sunrise from my balcony.


In the opposite direction that same morning the moon.


And early morning mist over the field next to my house.


This season October can't come quick enough and its a quick trip to Geneva then on to London.
Why Geneva? I hear you ask, well...................Direct from here on the date i want to leave in Oct it was £400 for 2 of us, one way, no baggage or reserved seat with easyjet. Thomas Cook £490 for 2, one way, no baggage or reserved seat. TUI wanted £730 for 2 one way, no baggage or reserved seat.
So this is what i did. Swiss air to Geneva from Zakynthos with baggage, reserved seat, food and a drink £90 for 2. Night at Geneva airport in a Sofitel Hotel £60. Geneva to Gatwick £100 for 2 with baggage and reserved seat with Ryanair. In total for Sian and i it cost £250 with a night in Geneva.
How crazy but cool is that? We go to Switzerland allot so we know the hotel at the airport and there is plenty of bars and food places in the airport so don't have to venture far. Then 4 nights in London as a little holiday for myself and Sian at the Charlotte Hotel in Fitzrovia.

I amazed how many people are talking around the resort about me finishing up at the bar. Gossip must be very thin on the ground lol. I do wish they would get it right though, this season is NOT my last season, next year is but as I've said to few people, you never know there could be one more season in me after that but if the 9 people interested are serious in buying the business then a big decision will have to be made at the end of 2020 but that's ages away yet.

Mr. Jingles is now not in to salad, he loves the cake, cake , cake, cake, all day long but he has taken to nibbling the TV remote control.  I KNEW HE WAS WATCHING TV WHILE I'M OUT! LITTLE SHIT!

So there you go folks, I'm not dead or collapsed in a exhausted heap or done a runner, it's just been to damn hot and busy in bar and been enjoying my time with Sian.

So until the next update.........

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar out.

No comments:

Post a Comment