Friday 19 July 2019

Day 74 - "Experiments are going well!


Well hello everybody, sorry its taken so long for a update but it's been manic, crazy, wawawoohhoo up until this week. I'm not complaining one bit but it is nice to have a little bit of rest in the bar instead of 100 mph every night.
It's the dreaded July and August which i hate as never 2 nights are the same where as May, June, Sept and Oct are amazing months which i really enjoy, ah well we keep our short stumpy aching tired legs going.

Not so much a rant today but more of a complaint.
Since 2016 i no longer use suppliers on the "never never" i always use cash and carries as i know where i am with my money and don't owe anyone anything BUT my main supplier has run out of Strongbow cans and won't be getting any more. HOW? It's mid July and 3 full months of season left and they're not getting any more Strongbow in, what type of cash carry doesn't get stock to sell? 
Ridiculous!

I have a new pet. I found him in my bath and he couldn't get out, his name is Mr. Jingles.
He looked so scared so i picked him up gently and spoke softly to him and let him free in my garden.
A day later my gardener came and cut down my grass. That night i got in i looked at the patio door and there was Mr. Jingles looking to come in as his home had been hacked down. I opened the door and he run in the room and straight under the sofa. He now has a safe home.

Mt. Jingles taking a bath.


I have decided to test his agility and intelligence.
Firstly i set up his eating and drinking area with a vanilla biscuit and glass of water, i will then try out different foods to examine his eating habits.


The experiments are going well, he seems to like sweeter foods, biscuits, cake, fruit. Nuts are an option and also some salad items such as cucumber and lettuce, he doesn't like berries. I will monitor his diet as if he eats sweet items all the time before i know it he'll be crashing about under the sofa while I'm trying to watch TV.

Agility test. I placed pieces of cheese at 4 different points on my dining chair to see how far he can climb. Placed one at foot of chair on floor, next on foot rung, next on seat and the last on the very top.
Mr. Jingles isn't very agile, he ate the piece on the floor and left the rest.

Skill test. I designed a assault course. First a tube with a piece of cheese in the middle of it which leads to a piece on top of a glass then a piece inside a plastic cointreau top followed by a piece under a red cap and finally a piece inside the bottom of a cointreau bottle. He failed the last 2. Not sure if he's clever or stupid? More studies are needed.

Movements. I set up his eating area with some lemon drizzle muffin cake. I took my place on the opposite sofa and waited very still and quietly. 20 Min's had passed and no sign of him. I decided to have a cuppa and my lemon drizzle muffin cake. BUGGER! While i was watching his eating area he was behind me on the fridge eating my lemon drizzle muffin cake. Am i clever or stupid? More studies needed.

Mt. Jingles assault course.


There is one thing happening though, whenever i see him , my lights flicker in all the rooms, weird.

Another great visit from Sian last week with pool time, meals out and or usual Saturday date night. Next visit is for 3 whole weeks, my holiday then begins.
I have started a little book exchange in the bar only due to the fact Sian reads so much in the bar that when she's out here even for only 4 days she can get through 4 books so there are plenty left behind after her visits, she's a right geeky bookworm and no mistake.

The season so far has been through the roof, i mean way above this years expectations so I'd just like to say a huge thank you to all who have visited so far and making season 2019 the best yet. About 75% have all been brand new customers to the bar, most of whom from recommendations around pool or at hotels and every single one has returned at least once after their first visit. That's the good thing about working the bar alone i know every single customer who steps in and all have enjoyed their visits so a big thank you once again.

Today is a glorious day, one of joy, one of elation, one of satisfaction and one of those days where you just want to stand in front of Castle Grey Skull and shout loud "I HAVE THE POWER" Sorry, that's wrong i meant shout from the roof tops "This is my day and i love it" and to top it all, i found some more Newcastle Brown Ale for my own private drinking stash. Paid my VAT.

So I'm sure now over the next 2 months I'll have more time to get out and about before the mayhem begins again in September and take little Kevin the Minion out as well.

Interest in the bar is very good, 8 people are interested to buy it after season 2020 these are all tourists, one wants to buy it and have me run it but that's a big fat NO, if i wanted to stay here i wouldn't sell it would i and one is an ex-worker who is now in the UK. This could start a bidding war lol.

So until the next update.............

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!




No comments:

Post a Comment