Thursday 16 May 2019

Day 9 - Welcome to Jurassic Cavo Doro


"We've used Dino DNA to create yet another Greek wonder........Welcome to Jurassic Cavo Doro"



Trust that stupid car to drive past, it was looking good up until then, bet you thought it was real didn't you?
Basically that's the entrance to the new part of Cavo Doro.

Well we're 9 days in and all is well. No different to any other season, same good start, mainly all inclusive holiday makers and mainly first timers to the island and resort so that's always good to have in the bar with a sprinkle of regulars.

Took a picture of when the bar was half finished, why i don't know, i guess cause it looks neat and tidy without any furniture. Couple of scatter cushions would improve this picture but not really viable what with dust, spilt drinks, cats, dogs, flying ants (whats up with flying ants, why do they lose their wings almost instantly, how stupid) and limbs that won't allow people to get up once they're on the scatter cushions. NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL.


My first frappe of the season. Should have gone somewhere that served it in a glass for the first picture instead of a plastic, not very environmentally friendly either, poor turtles.


My first Alpha Weiss at my Saturday night hang out after i close, this also includes my date night with Sian (via text when apart) while I'm sat sipping and chilling. Something to look forward to at the end of a busy night and week. No need to cook that night either as get free peanuts with my beer, ISN'T LIFE GREAT!



It is bloody freezing at night, so much so that on my bike on way home at about 2.30am my feet and shins are numb. Never had that before and in the morning its a hoody, long sleeve top and gloves while i'm out and about. The worst weather start to a season in my 19 years here, thank god i got the heater in the bar which has been on every night.

Now then, when i left last year i left a sign on the bar saying "Just popped out for milk, Back 1st of May". I think you'd agree that's quite a obvious sign for all to read. I told Angelina in the shop opposite when i left i had my flight booked for 1st May, i had booked it before I'd even left the island. I had e-mailed my bar landlord and told him i will be back 1st May. I had e-mailed Dennis in the shop next door and told him I'd be back 1st of May. I'd seen all the family in Puzzle next door and told them I'd be back the 1st May. My best friends Tasos and Demi knew i was coming back 1st May and i even posted my flight confirmation on this blog showing i was back 1st May.
So why is it when i turned up others in resort thought i wasn't coming back? 12 people in all in the resort knew i was coming back, there was a nice big printed sign on the empty bar saying when i was coming back, i posted it on this blog but people still insist on making their own stories up, WHY? 

I'm always asked questions on how i ended up on Zakynthos? Why here? How long have i been here?
Its only then i think about my business and my time here and i worked out that out of all the food and beverage places on the old road in Kalamaki I'm the longest standing business with 13 years. Other buildings have been there just as long but the businesses have changed, changed owners or changed names but i am the longest serving business, that's crazy.
Already this week i have been asked many times "When am i thinking of stopping with Oceanic?" , "Am i back next year?" As i say to everyone i always live one day at a time as you never know what may happen, why look so far ahead? I wake up and live for that day. I could become ill, the island could have a major earthquake and destroy the building of the bar, a family member may need my support in UK and need me to go back, who knows whats around the corner BUT I've been thinking about it due to people asking and have made a future decision due to my change in my personal life in the UK and 2020 will definitely be my last season and Oceanic will be up for sale. I will tell you how much just in case anyone interested and it's £10,000 exact, no offers, all in, which is dirt cheap considering how much i have actually put in to the business over the 14 years so its a bargain without a doubt and you'll have a ready made website, reviews and major internet profile presence. In fact i spent that amount out to set up Oceanic in my first season 2007. Also whoever takes it on you could also expand as the bar has a food licence. 
So there you go, that will now definitely stop all the gossip mongers as you heard it here first and i have told no one on the island so don't believe anything else you hear LOL.
Why am i telling you all so far in advance, well, it will take whoever that long to get their papers sorted for residence and tax, we all know how slow it is over here lol
Anyone who may be interested you can contact me through my contact page on the website:-


I feel now with the way I'm very happy in the UK that is where my life should be but not just yet.

I also said if a food franchise like McDonalds etc or a fish & chip shop opened in Kalamaki i would leave but that's not happened yet.

People may find this a bit of a shock but you wouldn't expect me to be here when I'm 60 would you? I'm realistic and that just wouldn't happen. 
I can holiday here instead and watch someone else run around after me lol.

So until this weather changes so i can take Kevin the Minion out........

Serve All. Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment