Tuesday 26 July 2016

A musical interlude for season 2016.

As you all know Oceanic prides itself on its playlist (ok there are some dodgy ones) but all have been hand picked by myself to have the right combination for music lovers of all ages. Its not just thrown together or played via Spotify or such like, how can i, NO WIFI!

So the songs for me of this season are the following:-

"Sound of Silence" by The Disturbed

Whenever this comes on someone always asks me "Who's singing this?" i say "The Disturbed" they respond with "The Who?" and i reply "No not The Who, The Disturbed", well it makes me laugh anyway. I was first put on to listening to this in Nov 2015. I do have 3 albums by them already but this song is i think better than the original, not many covers are better than the original. Johnny Cash version of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt" is also better than the original. So for those of you that haven't heard it just click on the video. I thought i would show you the live version as this is what "real" music is all about. Even just watching that video as i write this the hairs on my arms are standing up with goosebumps. Listen to it all as the music a vocals build up throughout the whole song to an amazing ending.


"I'm so sorry" by Imagine Dragons

Next up we have a fairly new band who i went to see in concert at the Cardiff  Motorpoint Arena, much prefered it when it was called the C.I.A.. You could say "I'm going to the CIA" sounded very important then. I'm getting side tracked. Anywhoo, this song when they played it made my rib cage feel like it was being punched by a wall of sound from the bass, that's a good feeling when your watching a concert, it was also made better by having V.I.P. seats with a private bar. Here is Imagine Dragons with "I'm so sorry" again the live version.


And finally.............

"Take me home" by Jess Glynne

Now i'm not all about the rock/punk/indie music. I have a very wide spectrum of taste when it comes to music. This song is just a real great vocal, lyrics and melody. Even though its a very gentle song its also very powerful at the same time.


So those are my top 3 songs for my season 2016, all completely different but all give me a that little boost when i'm starting to flag, well i am 48 this year you know but still got a couple of years in me yet to run about so don't worry about that.

So until my next proper update........

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment