Sunday 15 May 2016

Business as usual.

So lets give you a little bit more to read as the weathers a bit dodgy today.

Firstly how are we all this year? We all good? That's good then. I'm OK. Well i arrived the day before Easter, big mistake. I had so much to do to get open and everywhere closed for 5 days. Celebrating Easter eggs has got a lot to answer for. So go forward 5 days and its all systems go. Paint brush in one hand, screwdriver in other, cloth in between my teeth and a broom up my.....oh look a Swallow. Paperwork was quite painless and quick this season which i was very surprised by.
2 days of non stop blood, sweat and tears and she's ready to go. Not added any new decor as didn't use it for long last season but have moved the inside bar area about a bit.

Booked myself in to a Hotel on my first day which yes i am still living in. I have looked, called, knocked on doors and still no luck with an apartment. Its difficult cause i need certain things in it and don't want to be in Kalamaki as then its like i'm never away from work, so looking around the areas just outside the resort and in the main town. I fancy Zante town as that's where i spend allot of my days.

Got some new cocktails I've come up with for this season also changed my bottle stock, got Alpha back in instead of Fix as that was popular the last time also added Peroni and Original Budweiser.

The season has started as if I've never been away. All the locals have been so welcoming and pleased i'm back, my regulars of May have also been so nice to welcome me back and glad to see i'm open again. Lots of new customers already, i'd say about 80% have been new and first timers to Oceanic but not to the resort so that's great also.

So far most popular cocktail is a new one called "Sweet Home Alabama" and also sold within a week four David Bowie t-shirts and five Prince so Spiro my t-shirt supplier is very happy indeed i'm back LOL!

Great to see my good friends Tasos and Demi, always good to pop in for a coffee in morning to get abuse and then pop in after work for more abuse, how I've missed that.

Business as usual.




Already had my first crumpet delivery from Irish Joe, they look so good, shame i got nothing to cook them on yet. Do you think a hot plate from a coffee percolator would do the trick? perhaps not, BUGGER!

So my updates are up and running so should be doing one every week from now on, well, thats if i got anything to waffle on about.

So i'd like to welcome you all to season 2016 and Oceanic's 10th Anniversary.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    Keith and Maggie land on 29th will see you on Monday 30th look forward to seeing you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back, look forward to catching up in August :-) Diane and Steve...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you back Kev - 8 weeks today for our trip. Christine & Andrew (ps happy to bring supplies!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi have you got some nice new cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kev. Good to see you are back at it. When you coming to NZ buddy, we have your room waiting for you. Drop Mark an email when you have time if you can. Would be good to catch up. Love the Houldens.

    ReplyDelete