Monday 22 July 2013

I'm branching out, The Oceanic Tribute Act Agency.

Good day folks, how you all doing? Phew, isn't it hot? I hear its hot in the UK also, yeah but don't forget, YOU GOT WORK, LOL!

OK, so, the UK can't cope with the cold, the UK can't cope with snow and now the UK can't cope with heat. Is the UK good with any weather apart from rain, the UK loves rain just no other climate, I've seen on Sky News there are weather warnings as its 31deg, WOW, how will you cope eh! The information given is, Use Sun Screen - that's not really information that's common sense, Drink lots of fluids - Again you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out, Use water sparingly - Here we go I can feel a hose pipe ban coming on and one reporter said "some roads are melting", GOOD, it may fill in the pot holes left from the freezing winter we had.
Come on, really, people don't know what to do when that big yellow thing in the sky comes out? I know you don't see it much in the UK but most have been on holiday abroad at some point in temps much higher than what the UK is getting at the moment. When does the UK not have weather warnings?
Bloody hell, here we've not dipped below 24deg since 26th April, had in total only 30 mins of rain since April and people are watering the roads to stop dust from getting in their businesses.
So my question is, on a small island, with mostly sun and hot weather for 8 months of the year, how come I've never known a water shortage on Zakynthos but in the UK it pours down for 10 months and after 3 weeks of sun there is a panic about water?

It seems the bars over here are looking for new ways to get people in to them and tribute acts seem to be the way (Well its newish here but years and years old everywhere else). Out here this season we have Michael Jackson, Elvis, Showaddywaddy and Michael Bubble (yes I know I've spelt it wrong). So going along these lines for next season I'm starting "The Oceanic Tribute Act Agency". I think I'm on to a winner here. I came up with the idea after seeing that Ricky Gervais was appearing here live again this season only this time its a musical tribute concert with Jason Statham, its called "Chas n' Dave - The Rabbit Tour" its their tribute act to that world famous duo.

I may have to close the bar for this one, posters are all around Zakynthos town.


So I've done some phoning around and already got 5 acts lined up for hire next season. If you remember a few years ago I went down the west country and saw some tribute acts down there, well you'll be pleased to know they're all on board and excited for the 2014 season. I can't wait myself, its about time this island had some real talent doing the circuits, so let me introduce to you with delight and joy my first 5 signings and many more to follow.

Pour some sugar on me with the sweet sound of Geoff Leopard.


Jake That, if you missed Take That on tour this is the next best thing


If you like the songs of Iron Maiden but want to listen to them a bit more laid back then Brian Maiden's your man


 Deservedly voted the 5th best Pet Shop Boys Tribute act in Bristol, classic Pet Shop Boys but without the huge electric bill.


If you like to gamble baby he's your man.


So if there are any bar owners on the island reading this looking for some real class acts, show stoppers, bar fillers, just drop me a line.

Well in 2007 the cocktail of the season was the Paradise City cocktail, in 2008 it was my Snickers cocktail (no longer available, only on very special 24 hour request), in 2009 it was the Lemon Cheescake cocktail, 2010 it was the year of the Turkish Delight cocktail, 2011 was a Mojito year, 2012 was The devastating Oceanic Rock Legend Cocktail and this year its the year of the Cosmopolitan, I am making so many of these this season that some nights I run of shakers and martini glasses to serve them in, Never fear, I will invest in some more this week.
Also I have another new cocktail to add to the menu its called "Smells like teen Spirit" its a little bit lethal but been told it tastes great.

So I forgot to say, well done to the Wales for beating  the Australians in the rugby union test series, oh and the Irish, Scottish and English helped a little LOL. Just look at the stats, I say no more.

So Wills and Kate have had a baby boy, another mouth to feed off our taxes, another child wanting a free holiday space as they travel around the world. I suppose it has created another job vacancy, Nanny Wanted LOL.

Not much more to post this week, bar is ticking over quite nicely so its all good, Going to try to take a trip out and about on Sunday so hopefully will have some nice pics of the island for you.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

P.S, Major crisis. Stop. Out of black pudding and crumpets. Stop. White pudding also needed if possible. Stop. LOL

1 comment:

  1. 12 days to go before my first Ace of Spades, fab review as usual.
    See you soon.
    With love the Moons

    ReplyDelete