Tuesday 21 May 2013

You've read the story, now buy the t-shirt! Film to be released 2015 LOL!

Well folks another week has passed, boy, May has flown by. Think it helps that I'm busy.
 
So many of you have enjoyed my epic adventure to see Depeche Mode, glad you all found it highly amusing. I've even got new customers coming in and asking me about it as they had read my blog before they came out to Zakynthos. Nice to know that many new visitors to Oceanic are reading my blog, so thank you very much for that.
 
To go along with the epic story there is now an epic t-shirt and an original rock legend t-shirt designed to commemorate this memorable journey. These were designed for me to wear in the bar but are also available along with the normal Oceanic Rock Legend Collection.
 
My epic adventure design.
 


And the original rock legend design.


The t-shirt sales have been going very well already, I only got the album for people to look at the designs this week and already 11 t-shirts have been sold. I think Spiro my t-shirt printer may be in for a busy season ha ha.

My world watched actor nephew Leighton Kyle has been having a play about with our pic that many of you liked and came up with a few designs that he sent me so I thought I would show you the one I prefer out of the 4 he did. Now we do have some professional ones done by the photographer of the wedding but not seen them yet or the wedding pics but will post a few on here when I see them. This pic hides my bald patch well LOL.


Well the season is in full swing and Oceanic has started exactly where it left off last season, Still full every night at some point but I'm not getting ahead of myself, I'm taking each night as it comes. I did say at the end of last season that 2012 will never be beaten as it was an exceptional season, way above and beyond what I ever expected so I knew this season could never match that but in saying that I am still doing better than the past 5 seasons before 2012 which isn't bad at all so I'm extremely happy with the start. Seen a lot of my regular customers this season already and along with them many new ones, I'd say its about 50/50 which is great news as you can't just rely on your regular custom, you have to keep generating new custom and many have come from reading my blog. They come in and all know my name, what I've done, where I work in winter, ask about the medical trials. In a way its a bit strange but also good to know people who have never visited the bar before are finding this blog on the Internet. Lets hope I don't get any stalkers ha ha.

Kalamaki the resort itself is looking pretty quiet at the moment, on the odd occasion I have had to race down to Dennis Supermarket by Drunk Corner around 11pm to get something the restaurants have obviously had their customers in but the bars are empty apart from 1 or 2 of the well established bars but that's it. Very sad to see, also the Roof Garden restaurant opposite me has closed already due to lack of trade but it didn't help them when the Cavo Doro went All Inclusive this season. I feel so sorry for the family that had the Roof Garden but what can the hotelier do if the tour company wants them to change or they'll pull out. Its a worrying thing when the tour companies can dictate what someone will do with their own business. If they can do that to 2 or 3 hotels, what will happen in the future if they dictate that their other hotels must also go All Inclusive, will the last person leaving the island please turn off the light. Its to small an island to take anymore hotels change over. I'm very lucky that a small minority of my customers come from the Old Road hotels, most of them come from the other end of the resort so I'm very thankful for that.

It seems that backing track singers and tribute artist are the flavour of this season, there was a growing trend for them last season but this year already we have a few doing the rounds, Michael Bubble, Showaddywaddy, Elvis, I think I even saw in one resort Tom Jones (not the person, the tribute act). Me myself I prefer a good acoustic singer or a real band, no backing tracks, why aren't their any tribute bands around like Cradle of Filth, Chimaira, Hate Breed, Impending Doom or maybe even something a little bit more easy listening like Sex Pistols, Joy Division or Southern Death Cult for the more mature generation LOL.

Another full night at Oceanic.


Not been out and about much at all yet as I've been enjoying our new home. I'm still not really settled in yet, not fully comfortable sleeping at night as there are lots of sounds that I'm not familiar with and can here things or maybe its just my imagination. So I'm slowly getting used to it. There are pros and cons to living in Bochali.

Pros
1/ Beautiful view through "Gods Window"
2/ Peaceful, no cars and bikes racing along, no screaming kids outside and no drunken singing or couples arguing at stupid o'clock in the morning.
3/ Private, I can now hang my pants out on the line.
4/ Relaxing, just being able to lay outside on the patio with just the birds singing.
5/ A proper fully fitted kitchen for me to make a mess of.
6/ Feels like a proper home not an apartment in a resort, 12 years of that, don't know how I stuck it for so long after being here.
7/ No one can bother me unexpectedly as no one can find it LOL.
8/ Bochali café bars are just across the road

Cons
1/ Can't nip back when bars open if I've forgotten something
2/ As my good friend Tasos said "You have a national park not a garden" hate gardening.
3/ I share my patio and garden with every animal and insect under the sun, I think David Attenborough would find some new species of insect if he came here.
4/ Its bloody dark when I arrive home if I forget to turn the outside light on, could tread on a snake or hedgehog.
5/ No pools to use near, must invest in a paddling pool LOL
6/ No wifi connection I can hack in to, have to use a Vodafone dongle, takes bloody ages, its like going back to dial-up connection.
7/ I have to check my bed every night just in case something has decided to share it with me, so far no little bed mates.

To sum up, the Pros are far more major than the Cons and as long as I close the windows and doors before I head off to work I won't come home to mini squatters crawling and flying around.

Well that's it for this week I'm afraid but I promise I will try to get out and about this week and give you a full update on all resorts and the island. Need to do my usual start of season tour at some point. so until next week my lovely readers.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All, Kevlar Out!

3 comments:

  1. Mike, Julie and Hannah in sunny Oldham by the sea!26 May 2013 at 13:28

    Brilliant as always. Envy your lifestyle! Hope we (family) make it back soom. Youre living in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure l could share my home with unknown critters, but the pro's definitely out weigh the cons, you can switch off !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had you down as a softie- whats all this?? scared of a few beasties? - just cos they have more legs than you.. (or none at all! ) lol.. Keep up the good work.. btw -you can always come up to ours if you want to use the pool..
    That's if you can find it this time.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete