Thursday 14 March 2013

God damn it! Why always me?

I've missed out on the Pope job, AGAIN!

There i was sat on my swivel throne in my contemplation room waiting for the white smoke. I sat, i stared, i see the white smoke, the phone rings, my heart races. Its O2 asking if I'm happy with the service they're providing, "Get off the line I'm waiting for an important call". The call didn't come.
It seems that they did try but my phone was engaged and they had to change their decision as the masses were getting restless. They decided to go with Jorge Mario Bergoglio or as he will now be known Pope Francis the first and guess what, he's 76. He is also being called "The Pope that never smiles", give him a chance it hasn't even been 24hrs.
I'm Gutted. I was looking forward to being called Pope Blodwyn the first.

Here is me practising my acceptance speech in front of a waiting crowd.


Unfortunately they didn't look that thrilled, may be the welsh accent putting them off LOL.


I have added a new feature to to my blog for you all to use, its a comment section that will be at the bottom of each post from now on. And before anyone thinks of adding swear words or calling me names the comments get moderated before being published LOL.

So what have i been up to this week. Well even less than usual. The weather has got worse so no bike rides, no DIY left to do in the house, there is only so many times you can polish and hoover.

So the last piece of the Oceanic jigsaw is almost complete. The online shop is almost finished, got to sort out paypal for purchases but the main body of work is finished. All orders will be going straight to Spiro at the t-shirt shop on Zante then he will send them out. So here is your preview of the shop, its not live yet as a bit more work needed so you can't make purchases or contact us but you can have a browse. As we come up with more designs for the shop they will be added.

http://zanteholiday.wix.com/oceanic-rock-legends#

To go along with the App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AppInstitute.oceanicc&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5BcHBJbnN0aXR1dGUub2NlYW5pY2MiXQ..

And the new website, Don't forget on the new website i have my song of the week for you to listen to, its a classic this week.

http://www.oceanicchilloutbar.com/#

Whats been going on in the news this week. bugger all, its been even quieter than my days stuck in the house. Whats going on in the world, there is nothing i can take the mickey out of ha ha.

Last weekend we did go to Cardiff to meet our good friends Janice and Phil. Now some of you will know Janice and Phil from Oceanic as Phil is my non-working assistant manager in charge of Amstel tasting. We sat with them having a chat and laugh for 2 1/2 hours over a few coffees. It was lovely to see them without me rushing around making drinks.

Now i won't lie to you it has been difficult not working this winter. Just sitting around for hours on end is killing me. I think this is why i come home during winter time cause here in the UK i have at the least 2 months full on work to keep me occupied. People have asked why i don't stay open during the winter and my reply is Opening Oceanic during winter in the hope someone will pop in at some point would make me go insane. This way by the time the season starts i get a great buzz from getting the bar ready to open and all my ideas are fresh after being away from the bar. If i was there all winter just sat in the bar i think by the time May came around i would be drained of any excitment i may have had for the next season or i'd be an alcoholic LOL.

Think this is going to be a short update LOL

So on to this weeks videos of the week. First up is the TV programme from my childhood.
This is another of those 70's kids lunchtime programmes. Its dinner time, you'd run home in the hour you had, get your food, plonk yourself in front of the TV and watch a acid tripping programme created by some drug crazed hippy for children. I think some of these producers need hauling in for warping kids minds, do you think i could claim LOL. So for your viewing pleasure here is Chorlton & the Wheelies. This had a Dragon wearing a rasta hat and a welsh witch that lived in a teapot, yeah you figure it out.


On to the music blast from the past. I was thinking back to what was my first single i ever bought with my own money was in 1975 and that was Black Sabbath - Paranoid but thats a well known song that is still played these days. So then i was thinking back to the first song that i ever played on a grammaphone (that was the old word for a hifi). We used to have a sideboard unit that had speakers in it with a sliding door that when opened unvieled a record deck with a centre stacking pin that you could load 6 vinyl singles on to and they would play one at a time, it was the first version of an MP3 player only you would look stupid with this in your pocket.
Anywhoo, i can remember this song so well, in fact i can even remember the vinyl, it was on an orange RCA label and on that label was a transfer sticker of a cartoon soldier that my sisters friend had rubbed on to it. Even though my memory is fading fast these days that image has stayed with me since 1973, weird! So, the song is by Sweet who i think were totally underrated and lost the plot. The song is "Papa Joe". This is music video with a minimal budget, no sunny Hawaian beach for these guys more like Margate LOL. Enjoy.


Well once again this update comes to an end for this week. Hopefully next weeks will be a bit longer
Until then.

Serve All, Love All, Peace All. Kevlar Out!





7 comments:

  1. It works, WooHoo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way i posted the above comment ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sweet* ... my teenage years were made all the sweeter (lol) by their pure existence, loved em!! Ps.. may be a little known fact.. the singer was brother to the original *Taggart* Mark Mcmanus .. who'd have thunk that? :) Great new site by the way Kev! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, scrap the bit about the brothers in my earlier post (Mcmanus) They were related via fostering... so says wikipedia..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now here was me thinking you were a rock god and you come out with classic Sweet - Poppa Joe, stunningly good work Kev. Your music taste isn't that bad after all *snigger*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you`re not Pope Blodwyn but we could always call you Blodwyn Pope if thats what you`d like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The names Blodwyn, Pope Blodwyn not Blodwyn Pope LOL

    ReplyDelete