Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy "blog" New Year!

Well after my success with the alternate Queens speech its now time to start thinking about 2013 and the new season ahead of us on Zakynthos.

But before all that i have a few things to tell you that i forgot to tell you in my last update.

When I'm in the Range store and there is a parent with a child being a brat why do the parents turn to the child and say "If you don't behave that man will tell you off". NO I WON'T. Please parents if you can't control your children don't use me as the bad guy as it ain't gonna happen. When I've heard a parent say this in front of me I've turned to the child and said "It's OK, i won't tell you off, do whatever you want". If looks could kill LOL.
Now that we've had the Olympics and Jubilee all in one year what will Britain have to talk about in 2013. Yep you've guessed it, how great the Olympics were and how bad the jubilee was in 2012 as there will be nothing else for years to talk about. Oh, wait a minute, as if by luck Kate and Wills are having a baby. There we go, there's the story of 2013 so shall we just skip to 2014 as thats all we're going to hear about for a year. I remember when word first got out about Kate being with bun in the oven last year the Daily Mail ran a 13 page spread from front cover in. Jesus, she's only just become pregnant and it takes up 13 pages. Then it was going on about Princess Diana in birth with Wills and Her Maj with Charles. We got another 7 months of it yet, blimey, hope Britain gets better news than that to fill the papers with in 2013 but then again i don't read any UK papers or watch UK tv when on Zakynthos so hopefully i'll miss all that, THANK GOD!


As mentioned in my speech i did say that Mr. Bradley Wiggy would get a knighthood just for riding a bike and what comes up in the queens honours list, Mr sideburns man himself. Do you think the Queen reads my blog?

So 2013 went out with Jools Holland and came in with Fletch. Not really in to celebrating New Years as for most of my adult life (well for 16 years) i used to always DJ at some event or nightclub with the last being the Millennium as it was a good payday. So for me I'd prefer to go away to London or somewhere for that night than go to a local pub where you have to pay over the odds just to get through the door to a venue that is usual empty most nights. So we step out of one year in to another which really is just one day in to the next, its not like we all go "Wow this years so different to the last, its amazing" its just another day but we can make the future year a better one if we make it that way.

Starting to get plans together for Oceanic. As you know my beloved followers i don't just turn up and open, i plan each season from the 1st of Jan. This season i have new lighting already, new lit signage for outside, more new decor and hopefully if i can find the sofas i want some even more comfortable seating. Already got some great old tunes to add to my music file that i don't think you'll hear anywhere else as I've been searching long and hard to find these tunes even though they are well known ones that when you hear them you'll say "God i haven't heard that for years". For all you lovers of my unique cocktails I'm now going down the sweet shop line as i have dessert and confectionery cocktails already on the menu so I'm looking to add Parma Violet, Fruit Salad, Black Jack, Pineapple Chunk, Aniseed Balls, Pear Drops, Sherbet Lemons, Rhubarb & Custard and Space Dust. So its a long winter and spring of cocktail testing, Any Volunteers? LOL
My landlord did say at the start of last season "Next year i make you new floor" I'll believe that when i see it but he was true to his word about my new roof so can't complain really and he's dropped my rent for the second time since i first took it on in 2007 for 9000 euro a season so he is a good guy and he never bothers me at all.

Helen has already bought items for our new home which I'm also excited to move in to, Helen is doing all the arty farty part of the new home I'm looking at gadgets and garden furniture. Both very excited and i forgot to mention the house also comes with a Scooter thrown in to use. Got to teach Helen how to ride it first, better get some knee and elbow pads for her.

When back in the UK i do miss the sun, my Greek friends, beaches, the sun, little village tavernas, going out on my motorbikes, the sun, fun nights in Oceanic, good times with friends and customers, the sun, drinking frappe outside The lobby on a sunny afternoon, visiting Island Bar on weekends, oh and did i mention the sun.
My alternate to all that in the UK is the rain, Daz and the boys, flooded fields, the rain, Harvesters, looking at my motorbike through a wet window, the rain, Quiz machine in Wetherspoons, chats with the local alchi and village idiot, drinking caramel latte inside Costa's on a dull wet morning, visiting CO-OP on weekends oh and did i mention the rain.

Also this winter and new years resolution i am determined to finish my docu-comedy, i must, i must, i must. I really do think it could be a winner as the story has never been covered loads in documentaries but never before in a comedy way and its an ideal story that everyone as heard of through one person or another. So i will lock myself away at some point and try to finish it by 2014.

So until we come back from Cyprus and will update my dribble of a blog i will say "Happy new year to you all and hope it brings everything you want from it and more".

I Can't thank you enough for all your support last year and i hope in some way i can repay you all for the great following you have given myself and Oceanic last year.