Saturday 1 December 2012

Sad, Sad, day but at least everyone is safe.

As you all know from reading my blog over the years my good friend George owns the Taverna on the side of Mount Skopos on the way to the landfill site. I've known George since 2006 when i first visited his little shack where he had just 3 tables and 7 chairs but it has grown and grown over the years and now has many visitors. Today i was told that his wonderful little taverna was hit by a tornado.
I'm glad to see him as his family are safe and i hope he will be able to get it back in to full working order as its the one place that makes me feel like I'm back home when i first arrive back on the island and George himself is such a lovely guy its a shame to see the damage the tornado has done to his little place.

You can watch the TV report on this link.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=el&tl=en&u=http://ioniantv.gr/archives/424&usg=ALkJrhiX41LxzB-MP26g76LjLjkDLq-DqA