Saturday 2 June 2012

I know its been 2 weeks but i got a good reason!

Well another May over and how shall i say it went, Wayhay! Woohoo,! YeeHaa! fandabbydozzy! yabba dabba doo! I think you get the message LOL.

The reason for not doing my weekly update is that the world famous actor Leighton Kyle has been here and he's been living in my office space so haven't been able to get to my work desk but the living room, ahemm, i mean office space is now vacant again, my nephew is still here as he is trying to find work but he no longer occupies my sofa, never known anyone who can sleep 14 hours, at one point i actually thought he had merged with the sofa and couldn't get up haha. Good luck with the job search but what with the locals looking, plus other visitors looking and tourism being down I'd say there's little chance but you never know.

The resort is still very quiet but lets hope this all picks up this week and the people start to fill the restaurants and bars otherwise next year this resort could be very quiet.

T-shirts, all i can say is wish i had my own printer, in the last 3 weeks of May I've sold 48 t-shirts and I'm very surprised at the top seller which is Joy Divisions Ian Curtis, second is AC/DC Bon Scott and third Queen Freddie Mercury so I'm very pleased that my customers like the design, I've also been asked by a market trader in the UK if they can sell them but its just an Oceanic thing as a nice keep sake for my customers.

Many stray dogs around this year and i have to say its been quite upsetting for me. There is one male dog that is attacking all the others, there were about 5 dogs that all went round together, no problems, slept together, played together, then this horrible nasty thing appeared and was tearing in to the the other dogs. First it attacked a lovely little dog and had made its legs bleed and gave it a limp. It attacked the dog first outside my bar but was scared away, then i heard the dog being attacked again so i run down the street and booted the nasty dog as hard as i could, sort of Steven Gerrard penalty like, it ran off and i took the injured dog back to Oceanic. I cleaned up its bleeding legs and one of my regulars Ian bought it some dog food then i gave it some water, took the cushions off my sofa and laid it down as it was in shock. It stayed there all night and the next day he was as good as new playing with the other dogs.

I called him "Rock Dog" but my customers named him Kevlar 2, cheek!


Kevlar 2 sleeps rather weird or is he just hungover, Get It, Hungover, ooh please yourselves.


The next week i came in to the bar in the morning and under my bar i have a small table which i put my sofa covers on. I saw something move and from under the covers this little head pops out. This dog was so scared and thin. I went and bought it some food and sat with it stroking her and making a fuss of her, i got an old towel and laid it under the table and she went back and went to sleep. I called this one Scooby as it was scared of everything but seemed to like me.

Scooby having a bit of peace.


Then 2 days after i had helped Scooby the nasty dog was back and started to attack Charlie, the most famous little dog in Kalamaki as he only has 3 legs and he's been here as long as i have. He had Charlie by the throat throwing it around like a rag doll, people were just watching and letting the attack carry on but i couldn't, it was the most horrible thing to see. I went in to bar got a spare wooden broom handle and whacked the dog across the back, Tiger Woods tee off like, the nasty dog yelped and run and i helped charlie on to the pavement and he had a problem with his one front leg but he made it home and again he is now 100% again, well as 100% as you can be with 3 legs. I'M THE ALPHA MALE NOW LOL!

Now if ever there was an opening for a job on Zakynthos it has to be for a proof reader, some of the spelling mistakes in Kalamaki alone are shocking. Ok "Coctail" is everywhere but I've seen "Cash Mashine", also at a well known restaurant instead of  "Cordon Bleu" they've put "Gordon Blue". I've taken pics of 2 other examples. This is a poster in Zakynthos town, just in case you ever want to bring your book shelf or tool shelf on holiday with you there is now an App for your Iphone where you can "Guide Yourshelf".

Yes an App you've all been waiting for, one that helps you guide your shelf around Zakynthos.


This one was the best though, it was on a flier that i saw, Where do i begin with this one, I'll just let you read it haha.


So June is here and weather is now getting hotter by the day. Cocktails are in full flow and the winners so far are the "Oceanic Rock Legend" and "Banoffee Pie", not much beer being sold its all spirits and cocktails which is great for me. Still closing between 3-5am, think only had one night in May i closed before 3am so I'm a bit tired but this week is always a quiet week for me as its half term so maybe my body can recharge.

A big thank you to all my customers through May for making it my best May in my 6 years with Oceanic, i know its just a simple bar and not the best but everyone so far has enjoyed it. That's whats so good about working it alone, i know the feed back from every single customer that steps in the bar and haven't had one yet with a complaint as i have talked to all of them, well, when i can get time to.

So until next week my lovely readers, reach for the stars but keep your feet grounded.